Welcome to emPOWERme, the Ministry of Energy’s new webpage designed to help consumers better understand how Ontario’s electricity system works. Check out the new videos, interactive learning tools, infographics and other material to learn more about how you can save energy, save money and how Ontario is building clean energy.
The Value of Conservation
When you use less energy, you save money on your energy bill. Everyone in Ontario benefits from energy conservation. Learn about saving energy in Ontario how it affects you and the people around you.
What Is a Kilowatt Hour?
How does electricity get to me?
How is electricity made?
What Is The Smart Grid?
Light With Father
Imagine you are an energy planner. With Power Play, try choosing your own electricity mix — make sure there is enough supply to meet demand!
The total amount on your energy bill comes from four costs: Electricity Use, Delivery, Regulatory, and Debt Retirement Charge. Use the Your Bill. Your Grid tutorial to learn more.
Try our mobile-friendly Time-of-Use Clock to find out when it’s less costly to use electricity and get helpful conservation tips.
Posters and Infographics
- Read Achieving Balance, Ontario’s Long-Term Energy Plan
- 10 Smart Meter Lane – Shift your electricity use and see the difference it can make to your bill – from HydroOne and the Independent Electricity System Operator.
- Your Utility – Bill Calculator – from the Ontario Energy Board.
- The Ontario Power Generation Learning Zone
- SaveOnEnergy at Home efficiency tips and tools – from the Ontario Power Authority.