PRE-APPLICATION: Applicant encouraged to consult with local community about siting, support, etc.
FIT APPLICATION AND CONTRACTING PROCESS
Note: 60 day window for application review will not begin until application period closes.
- Applicant submits an application via their “MyFIT homepage”
- OPA reviews application for completeness and eligibility
- OPA ranks application by priority points and timestamp
- OPA and LDCs run TAT/DAT to determine FIT program connection availability
- Projects pass TAT/DAT subject to procurement limits
Application Engages in Environmental Approval Process and Public Consultations
- OPA issues contracts to successful applicants
- Applicant receives and executes contract within 20 days
- OPA executes and manages contract
- Project launch meeting
- Applicant obtains all applicable environmental approvals (e.g. REA, Class EA for water power, Federal approvals)
- Request notice to proceed
- Commercial operation date